- The UK's largest accessible holiday specialist
- Guaranteed accessible accommodation
- Many properties personally audited
- Flights, adapted transfers & equipment hire
- Full financial protection
"Agent of the Year 2012 & 2014"
We pride ourselves on offering our customers the best value for money. If you find the same holiday for a cheaper price we will refund the difference.
Terms and Conditions.
At a glance
Please quote code 97866 in all correspondence.
- Accommodation: Guest Houses
- Board basis: Self Catering
- Holiday type: Countryside
- Sleeps: 2-14
- Bedrooms: 8
Location shown is approximate
An outstanding and remarkable Highland self catering holiday accommodation where guests can experience an amazing holiday. The beautiful home is located on one of the most quiet and favoured neighbourhoods. With its own private garden, the home prides itself on fantastic views of the Cairngorms.
The area of Grantown on Spey sits on the banks of one of the world's finest Salmon Rivers. Within a few minutes walk from the property there are forest and river walks, cycle trails, wildlife watching and much more. Within a 5 minute walk the home is conveniently located near the town centre where guests can purchase groceries, dining experiences and pubs.
The home embodies a Victorian atmosphere with it's historic features and large living spaces. With spectacular detailing, the building boasts the skills of the workmanship from when the building was originally made.
The owners have brought a touch of modern to the home including wireless broad-band, high definition television with surround sound and a multi-room music system which guests can use their own iPhone/iPod on.
In the 1930s the home became a hotel and was later bought by the Multiple Sclerosis Society. Major changes were made to the property alongside an extension. Due to this reconstruction, and a lift that operates in the centre of the building the property allows access for guests with disabilities to the first floor.
- Vestibule/ Lobby
- Entrance Hall
- Drawing Room
- Dining Room
- Snug/TV room
- Games Room
- Breakfast Kitchen
- Laundry/Drying Room
- Two Downstairs WC
- Lift and stairs to first floor
- Two king-size bedrooms, en suite with balcony and view of Cairngorms
- One king-size bedroom, en suite - with adjoining single bedroom (can be used as a family room or separate bedrooms)
- One twin, en suite with garden view
- Two single bedrooms with garden view
- House bathroom with bath, level access shower, WC and wash hand basin
- Stairs to second floor
- One king-size bedroom with combed ceiling
- One single bedroom with combed ceiling
- Bathroom with bath, over bath shower, WC and wash hand basin
- Oil fired central heating
- Rangemaster double oven cooker
- Additional fridge and freezer
- Tumble drier and Washing machine
- HD television with freeview and surround sound system
- DVD player and CD player
- Playstation 3 games console with separate television
- Bowers and Wilkins multi-room music system
- Gas barbecue
- Large garden and Garden furniture
- Travel cot and highchair
- Ample off road parking
- A Welcome Pack
- Open fire
- Pool table
- Wireless broadband
- Fully serviced option available by separate arrangement
- Luxury linen and towels
- All heating and electricity
- A maximum of two dogs are welcome
Things to do nearby
- Wildlife Watching
- Winter Sports
- Water Sports
- Horse Riding
- Clay Shooting
- Quad Trekking
- Sleddog Trekking
- Dry Slop Skiing
Nearby places of interest
- Cairngorm Reindeer
- Strathspey Steam Railway
- Culloden Visitor Centre
- Landmark Forest Theme Park
- Revack Estate
- Speyside Heather Garden & Visitor Centre
- Craggan Outdoors
- Ace Adventures
- Highland Wildlife Park
- Highland Folk Museum
- The Whisky Trail
- Cairngorm Mountain Railway
Book with the UK's Favourite
For exceptional service, fantastic prices and a holiday which meets all your needs, book with DisabledHolidays.com - the UK's largest accessible holiday specialist!
Enquire about Highland House
Prices, enquiries, availability & bookings
For all enquiries, quotes and bookings, please call us or submit an enquiry form. One of our specialist travel consultants will call you back at your convenience to discuss all your requirements and help find your perfect accessible holiday.